Sunday 21 March 2010

Good food, wine and friends.

My lecturer had this good idea of having a dinner out together, to taste food and wine together and see how the wine complements each other.
I was not going for the dinner as it was Rm100 per person for 4 course meal and 4 different types of wine. Too expensive for me...
But in the end someone could not make it, so I ate for free..:D
I sat with Barry, Cha cha, and Oscar at our Speacial table from the rest..:P
The first meal was Ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese top with basil leafs and the wine would be a Rose wine by Jacob Creeks. I love the meal as it refresh the palate but the wine was a tad too strong for a starter meal tho.

2nd meal was Potato & Leek soup, nothing speacial, not my favourite and he did not sieve the soup, so its really fiberous. But the wine is really nice! When drink the soup and end it with some wine, it becomes realy buttery and creamy at the same time. :)

3rd meal was Braised Lamb Shank with some Aglio Olio on the side. By the time the food got to me, i was pretty full but the food was too hard not to resist it! Lol..
I ate some and gave most of my lamb to my friends.
I was more into the Red wine. :)


The picture on the left would be the starter and right one would be the Braised Lamb Shank. Yummy.

The last course was Apple Strudel and serve with a sweet wine. Orange Muscat and Flora by Brown Brothers. Nice! I am falling in love with sweet wine. I really wish I can have more of it.

Oscar!

Barry and Cha cha! :D


The chef and owner of this Italian restaurant, dont know his name, but he was explaining to us about the food and wine that he will be serving.


He used to study in Taylor's College as well.

By the end of the night, I had a good time, good laugh and a good time talking about food and wine. It's always nice to wine and dine with friends. You gain more knowledge when you eat and share your idea's of the food. Some may have different points of views but nevertheless its always good to argue abit of what you feel is right.


Some extra meals that I have made recently, top left would be Grilled chicken with fettucinni carbonara with asparagus wrapped in bacon. Top right, some japanese rice crackers top with some salmon roe cream from IKEA, and cheese.
The Chiffon pandan cake that I made at college, in that pic it belongs to my lecturer, Chef Vincent. The one that I made, came out perfectly nice but it got ugly cause my lovely friend Thu Hoong cut into it.. lol! Niways..the cake is nice and fluffy!
The last pic will be Fettucinni carbonara with bacon, asparagus and brocolli..hehe
I know, I Live to Eat!
Food makes me tummy happy, and it makes me smile.






No comments: