Saturday 15 August 2009

I wish I can turn back time.

My favourite grandma..let's just call her Ama alright..
She had a minor stroke last week when she was in KL staying with my uncle. And it was the day before he was leaving to China with is wife for a business trip.
So end up, only his wife went and he stayed to take care of my ama.
I havent seen her since she came up because of lack of time and my uncle was busy with work and couldnt pick me up.

The day before she had stroke, she called me while I was about watch G.I Joe.
She called to tell me that shes in KL, and I promised her that I will see her one of these days.
But I didnt..
She cant talk that well, cant hear that well nor walk that well anymore.
Shes leaving back to KK tomorrow and I dunno when will I get to see her.

And she called me again just now telling me how sorry that she couldnt stay long in KL for me to meet her. Hearing her voice stammering was heartbreaking. WHY MUST SHE BE SORRY?
I SHOULD BE THE ONE SAYING THAT...!!!

I've been wanting to go down to KK to meet her and bring Zach along as she always asked when will she get to meet him.
But it was time again that bothers me.

Its a sign that she can't live that long anymore.
But she is strong, I know.. cause she had gone through a bypass, and she is still walking tall till now.
All the time my mum had been asking me to go see her, and I always say "I WILL", but I never once did.
Im regretting in what I should had done. I miss her, and so does she.
She always call me and ask how am I.
She even said she wants me to go see her so that she can give me some pocket money.
It made my tears roll down prefusely.
All I can do is hide in the toilet and cry,


Take time to call your Grandma or Grandpa.
Ask them, how are they doing?
It might not be much, but its a gesture of Love and at least they know that someone still care and thinks of them as much as they do to us.
Without them we wouldnt be here.
Go ahead and make a lovely phone call, or better yet, meet them.
Its worth every penny of your life.


I still Love her cooking, cause shes my hero.

No comments: